Careers with Waterdown Collision
Since opening in 1974, Waterdown Collision has built a solid reputation of integrity as a most reliable Auto Collision centre. Offering high quality collision and dent repair, windshield replacement and towing services.
Committed to customer satisfaction and outstanding service, Waterdown Collision has become a staple in the community. Waterdown Collision is a CAA Approved Collision Center and the facility is rated I-Car “Gold Class” status with all insurance companies.
Are you looking for a family friendly working environment where business success and family values go hand in hand? We are located at the west end of the GTA, and our community is a great, safe place to live and play.
We offer a fun, fast pace opportunity for you to enjoy and succeed in.
Our state of the art facility offers a safe and clean environment for you to grow and continuously learn in.
We have an award winning team with a strong track record of business success and employee satisfaction.
As the Intermediate Accountant, reporting to the Finance Manager, you will provide focused and tactical hands-on expertise and experience. Your passion for business and people, combined with your results-oriented leadership, make you an ideal candidate. Responsible for daily accounting procedures and related administrative tasks, you will be instrumental in providing support to the whole company. You are considered a self-starter and want to be a key member of our growing Accounting Team. You enjoy sinking your teeth into problems and making recommendations to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the Accounting Department.
With 5+ years of Business and Accounting experience, combined with your university degree or college diploma in Accounting, and in the progress of completing or already have your CPA designation, you will work closely with the Finance Manager to meet the Company’s annual goals. Previous working experience in the retail and customer service sectors will be an asset.
Our recruitment process will include a psychometric survey, followed by a telephone interview and a face-to-face interview. Successful candidates will then be invited for a third interview and make a presentation to the senior leadership team.
Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Only applicants who will be interviewed will be contacted. Waterdown Collision is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in the workplace.
Position Title: Intermediate Accountant
Reports to: Finance Manager
Reporting to the Finance Manager, the Intermediate Accountant will be a self-starter with a strong work ethic, “Can Do” attitude and the ability to work independently as well as in a team environment. This role is responsible for a variety of accounting, bookkeeping, and administrative tasks to support the Finance Department and ensure the daily accounting functions (AP & AR) run accurately and efficiently. This role will require the individual to maintain a system to keep multiple responsibilities on track. This position involves interaction with the team and supports both the Collision and Towing sides of the business.
Duties and Responsibilities: (but not limited to)
- Assist in the monthly & daily closing activities including month-end journal entries, account reconciliations, analytical review and preparing supporting schedules.
- Communicating with various individuals to obtain approvals, purchase orders, completion slips, delivery slips, etc. as back up and authorization for invoice payment
- Corresponding with suppliers/vendors on billing matters
- Post A/P transactions and general ledger transactions daily
- Maintain an organized system of physical and digital Client Sales Files
- Prepare monthly government remittances, FRO payments, WSIB, company benefits etc.
- Assisting in Payroll and benefits administration including maintaining and updating employee information, such as records of employee attendance, leave, and benefit entitlements
- University degree or College Diploma in Accounting.
- In the progress of completing or already have your professional accounting designation (CPA).
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar role, a focus on full cycle accounting is preferred
- Advanced Excel skills: lookups and pivot tables are no problem for you!
- A proactive nature with the ability to eliminate roadblocks and execute to deadlines with ease.
- Strong prioritization skills. You can juggle multiple projects without breaking a sweat.
- Ability to manage, manipulate and analyze data in order to identify and quantify business opportunities/risks.
- Career driven and keen to learn and contribute.
- Team player with the ability to collaborate and share information while striving in a fast-paced high-performance culture.
- Self-starter: demonstrated initiative and problem-solving skills and willingness to learn.
- Strong written and verbal communication, interpersonal and customer service skills
- A great sense of humour, our team loves a good laugh!
If you have experience and have been successful as an Auto Collision Estimator - Appraiser, have solid attention to detail skills, and are looking to explore a new opportunity, then we would love to speak with you.
Please only apply if you current live in Ontario, and are comfortable commuting to, or living in Waterdown. Thanks.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyzing vehicle damage with a keen eye for detail, and preparing an itemized listing of parts, materials and labour to facilitate the appropriate repairs
- Fully utilizing our systems and software (Mitchell & Audatex) to efficiently cost out repairs, and provide a timely appraisal to necessary parties to facilitate the full restoration of a vehicle to its pre-damage condition
- Work closely and professionally with clients, insurance providers and suppliers
- Follow the necessary and appropriate steps to provide a high level of customer satisfaction, while meeting appropriate operational and financial expectations.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Thorough knowledge of the Auto Body repair industry and automotive parts, vehicle terminology and vehicle construction.
- Strong computer and analytical skills.
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast paced environment.
- Strong communications skills, both oral and written.
- 8 years of related experience
- Knowledge of Mitchell & Audatex Estimating software
- Knowledge or Experience with Summit Management System
We believe in our people and pay them above industry average. Our pay package will be customized to your experience.
We offer a Full Benefits package, including an RRSP package and Bonus structure
Contact us and learn more about the opportunity.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $60,000.00-$80,000.00 per year
We are looking for an Experienced Customer Service Representative that carries our Values and is committed to an outstanding customer experience.
If you have past experience working in the auto collision, auto dealer or auto service industry and meet the below requirements, then please contact us so we can explore this opportunity together.
Reporting to the Customer Service Team Leader, the Customer Service Representative will act as the first point of contact for customers, assuring their experience with Waterdown Collision as easy and stress free as possible.
This is a multi-faceted role with a variety of duties including, but not limited to, answering phones and manning the reception desk, scheduling appointments and booking vehicle repairs, arranging for rental cars and shuttle services, basic administration and data entry, receiving payments and reviewing invoices with the customer,
Hours for this role: The Customer Service Representative will work Monday – Friday 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. and/or 8:00 to 5:00 p.m. The role will also require participation in the Saturday rotation which consists of 1 - 2 shifts per month, 8:00 am – 12:00 pm.
- Intermediate to senior experience in a customer service role
- Experience in the automotive industry required (e.g. Auto Collision, Auto Dealership or Auto Service.)
- Proven aptitude for working with numbers and strong attention to detail
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Flexible and Adaptable, with the Ability to manage multiple tasks and frequent interruptions
- Exceptional customer service
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Capable of working effectively as a team member or independently with minimal supervision
- Computer proficiency – MS Office – Excel and Word, electronic mail and capable and willing to learn new programs as required
- Experience with industry related software is preferred
- Ability to work 1 – 2 Saturdays per month; 8am – 12pm
- Please apply at your earliest convenience as we are actively moving forward to fill this position as quickly as possible.
- Work occurs mainly in a casual business office environment
- Compensation will be commensurate based to experience.
We thank all applicants for applying. Please be advised that only qualified applicants will be contacted.